Grab your family and friends and stop by Color Cruise!
Friday, October 14 - Sunday, October 16
Photo courtesy of William Gibbons
This year's Color Cruise and Island Festival is being held in memory of Marilyn Smith (1933 - 2016).
The annual event celebrates with an unmatched combination of nature's glories and mid-Michigan good times in October. The towering hardwood trees compete to see which can most beautifully reflect its colors on the river.
This event is not possible without a lot of volunteers (Sell Entrance Admissions, Pumpkin Painting, Candle Dipping, Caramel Corn, Traffic Control, Shuttle, Setup, and Clean Up). Sign up today!
Grand Ledge cloaks itself in finery so vivid and exciting in October that one would think there was a party. We invite you to come!
- beautiful riverboat
- rock climbers
- voyageurs, fur traders, and wood carvers
- folk music and cloggers
- baby photo contest
- bunnies, sheep, and llamas
- paint a pumpkin or dip a candle
- old fashioned cider press
- traveling blacksmith, Native American display and crafts, lamp work beads, wooden puzzles
- spinning and carding, quilting, portraitures
- log cabin building and railroad safety display
- diamond dig
- entertainment on the stage - Learn more about the music and special programs
- NEW THIS YEAR: beekeeping (no live bees will be brought onto the island for this demonstration)
- Color Cruise Story Time (preschool to early elementary)
- food: chili, hot dogs, steak and cheese sandwiches, brats, freshly popped black kettle caramel corn, elephant ears, fresh lemonade, and root beer floats
- Friday is special for seniors
- Grand Ledge Area Historical Society's Museum: narrated boat cruise and nature walk on the ledges
- Capitol City Car Club: vintage vehicle display
- Eaton County Parks: bike rides
- Grand Ledge Area Historical Society: Oakwood Cemetery walk
- Abrams Municipal Airport: airplane rides
Grand Ledge Chamber of Commerce
All In Gold Sponsor: MSU Federal Credit Union
All In Silver Sponsor: Doty Agency / Auto-Owners Insurance
Captain John's Galley | The Log Jam | Voya Financial Advisors
There is still lots going on in October
Only six weeks left to register for the Christmas Parade
Night Lights Christmas Parade
Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM
The Chamber coordinates this parade on behalf of the Grand Ledge community and area businesses. We are committed to providing a safe and exciting event, and we require parade participants to comply with our policies. The Chamber welcomes the participation of all people regardless of age, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or religion affiliation and prohibits parade participants from engaging in any type of discriminatory or inflammatory action or behavior. Organizations/groups must register in advance, and registration forms will be reviewed and approved. The Chamber reserves the right to deny any registration from parade participation.
The Grand Ledge Chamber wants to be the 'go to' place for all community events.
Do you have an upcoming event you want other members and the community to know about? You can post your events on the Chamber's website, so we can help promote it.
All-In Chamber Sponsors
All-In Gold Sponsor:
All-In Silver Sponsor: