Schedule a Chamber AppointmentSomeone will be in the chamber office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays starting September 8th-December 4th. If you have questions, please contact Amy at 517.627.2383 or email@example.com.
This has been quite the year!
What a whirlwind for our community, the state, the country and the world in 2020. As a Chamber, our goal has been to support the city, the community, and local businesses to ensure economic development within the Grand Ledge Public School District. In the past, we have done this by hosting events in the community as well as providing resources to businesses and connecting them with potential customers.
Since March we have had to stop all community events and the Chamber has been focusing on helping businesses just survive. We are so thankful for the support we have in the community from our members that have enable US to stay afloat and provide these services to local businesses.
In the past few months we have:
- helped connect businesses with financial resources
- referred businesses to safety protocols
- interviewed local citizens on why they love Grand Ledge
- interviewed businesses about their programs
- sold T-shirts online to support local businesses. Click here to purchase one!
- educated ourselves on protocols and updated mandates
- worked in conjunction with local community partners to ensure we are maximizing our relationships
- stayed on top of executive orders
- been a resource for small business relief Click here for a list of resources!
It has been business as usual for the Chamber even if it looks different now. Our operations and event committees have been meeting regularly to help decide the future of our 2020 events. It has not been an easy task in a constantly evolving situation.
These 2020 events are STILL happening:
- Saturdays through October 10: Market on the Grand - Come visit local vendors from 9 AM -1 PM in Jaycee Park. Social distancing and masks are required
- Starting monthly on September 25: 4th Fridays Grand Ledge. Social distancing and masks are required.
- October 10: Grand Ledge Fall Festival (merging the Beer Fest and Color Cruise into one day). Social distancing and masks are required.
- Second Wednesdays - October 14: Virtual Coffee and Conversation Breakfast Meetings via Zoom
- November 28: Shop Small Saturday. Social distancing and masks are required.
Right now, this event is tentative:
- December 4: Night Lights Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting. Social distancing and masks are required.
Help support your local Grand Ledge Community small businesses with the purchase of a "WE ARE GRAND LEDGE" t-shirt. For each item sold, $8 will be donated to the Grand Ledge Chamber of Commerce to be distributed among the Chamber member small businesses in the Grand Ledge Community. Go Comets!
Did you know that you can show your support for Grand Ledge by helping the Chamber build a stronger community?
Join the Chamber as a 'Friend of the Chamber' today!
The Chamber is organized for the purpose of advancing the economic, industrial, professional, educational, cultural, and civic welfare of the Grand Ledge area.
- To encourage the growth of existing industries and business while giving all proper assistance to any new firms or individuals seeking to locate in the Grand Ledge area.
- To support all those activities believed to be beneficial to the community and area; to oppose those which might be detrimental.
- To promote the welfare of all area citizens, following always those policies intended to accomplish the greatest good for the greatest number.
- And in general to take any action and engage in any activity in connection with and incident to said purpose not forbidden by the laws of the State of Michigan and with all powers conferred upon corporations of this type by the laws of the State of Michigan.